Re: [Xlog-discussion] announcing gpsk31 0.3 beta

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] announcing gpsk31 0.3 beta
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:27:36 -0700

On Oct 19, 2005, at 9:47 AM, KC1DI wrote:

Hi Joop and all,
Downloaded the source of gpsk31 and when I try to configure it I get an error message saying that there is not an acceptable C compiler in the Path.. I'm using the Ubuntu release I've tried installing the C libraries but to no avail. I'm a fairly new linux user so can some one head me in the right direction?
thanks & 73 Dave Kc1di

Dave,

Try "apt-get install build-essential". This will get you gcc plus a few other packages which you might need.

73, Bob N7XY