Re: [Xlog-discussion] Installing on Fedora Core 5

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Installing on Fedora Core 5
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:03:23 +0100

Op za, 04-03-2006 te 10:28 -0500, schreef PASTOR/KC1DI:
> Hi Joop ,

> Thanks for the query,  When ever I try to install Xlog in Fedora is
> gives me the message that GMFSK Which is installed needs
> hamlib 1.2.4 (? not sure the numbers are correct since i'm not at
> that machine right now)  And that Xlog Reguires hamlib 1.2.0.
> that or something very close to it.  If I uninstall GMFSK I can
> install Xlog ,  But my friend wants  both installed.  In any event I
> use ubuntu on my shack machine and they both work fine.  The machine
> I was trying to setup with fedora was a friends and he has since
> taken it back.  So unless I load Fedora on my shack machine I have
> now way to work on it any longer.

I don't get it. How can xlog require hamlib-1.2.0 if it is compiled with
1.2.4? Here are some hints:

- Please use the latest xlog-1.3.1 (not 1.3)
- To make sure what dependencies gmfsk and/or xlog need use the 'ldd'
  command, e.g. ldd /usr/bin/xlog
- It is generally better to compile from source than mess with
  packages...

> 73 Dave Kc1di

Regards,
Joop, PG4I