Re: [Xlog-discussion] RPM search

From: Karl F. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] RPM search
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 15:07:23 -0600

Hi Tomi, I was unable to get either of your instructions to work on my Fedora 4 computer. Here are the error messages I get:

^
//var/cache/yum/updates-released/repomd.xml:551: parser error : Premature
end of data in tag head line 6
^
//var/cache/yum/updates-released/repomd.xml:551: parser error : Premature
end of data in tag html line 3
^
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: updates-released
Error importing repomd.xml from updates-released: Error: could not parse
file //var/cache/yum/updates-released/repomd.xml
address@hidden ~]#
address@hidden xlog-1.3.1]# ./configure && make rpm
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking for strptime... yes
checking for strptime declaration in time.h... no
checking for PACKAGE... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing Gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 libgnomeprint-2.2)
were not met.
Alternatively you may set the PACKAGE_CFLAGS and PACKAGE_LIBS environment
variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
address@hidden xlog-1.3.1]#
It is obvious I am exactly where I was. I cannot configure the tarball for Xlog 1.1.3 and I cannot get the devel files from the Internet. If your able to do that part pehaps my version of FC4 is not installed properly. I am on a fast DSL Internet and it did try to get the desired files but it failed. The Xlog tar ball will not ./configure on my computer, period. There are at least the error above and there is some gtk in /etc/ but the system can't find it.

Karl