Re: [Xlog-discussion] TSV export

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] TSV export
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 12:08:35 +0100

Op zondag 09-12-2007 om 00:33 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef John B.
Egger:
> John B. Egger wrote:
> > Using xlog 1.5 on a new Kubuntu setup, and the first time I tried a
> > TSV export the output was missing "Power" and one of my defined
> > columns. Both are checked in the TSV export "preferences." Everything
> > was exported fine in my previous (Xandros) setup. Any suggestions?

> I have discovered that if I include QSLIn/Out in my log and select it
> for export, PWR (the next field in the log) is actually exported (QSL is
> not). Plenty of experimentation shows the same result: Without QSL but
> with PWR and Name in the log, selecting PWR and Name for export
> produces  only Name, and if PWR is deleted from the export list Name
> disappears from the TSV file.
>
> Somehow the fields (columns) are being misnumbered or misidentified...
> but I don't know enough to track it down.

Does the log you are trying to export have the power field?
If the field is missing a single TAB is written, without data.

Also, check the value of 'saveastsv2' in $HOME/.xlog/preferences.xml. It
is a comma separated string, '0' if the field should not get exported,
'1' if it should. Starts at the first field (DATE).

I have done some tests here, it seems to work fine. Can't explain why
you are having problems with this...

> --John K3GHH

Joop PG4I