Re: [Xlog-discussion] Compiling xlog 1.7

From: Boris Sorochkin
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Compiling xlog 1.7
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:13:50 +0300

Jon K Hellan wrote:
Boris Sorochkin wrote:
I am trying to install xlog 1.7 on another ubuntu and get dependency error: No package 'glib-2.0' found

But in ubuntu i have libglib-2.0

the same thing is about other dependences. I have correct versions of libraries but with lib in the beginning.

do I have to install glib,cairo, atk, or there is a way to use libglib libcairo and libat instead?

You need the -devel packages. In this particular case - libglib2.0-dev.

On Debian and Ubuntu, the easy way is:

sudo apt-get build-dep xlog

This will install everything needed to build the version of xlog that comes with the distribution. This includes the glib, cairo, atk and gtk devel packages.

If it turns out that xlog now requires a more recent version of a lib than that supplied with the distribution, you will also have to build new versions of those libraries. This is doable, but a little harder.

73
LA4RT Jon

Thank you!

73