Re: [Xlog-discussion] cwdaemon and ptt

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] cwdaemon and ptt
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 10:32:19 +0100

Op maandag 01-12-2008 om 19:19 uur [tijdzone -1000], schreef Alastair
Couper:
> I was using xlog this last weekend in CQWW, and for the first time had tried
> to get ptt going, as I have always used a foot switch instead.
>
> I know that my serial port interface, as shown in the docs, is working OK.
> The keyer works fine, and the ptt function works fine in other applications.
> But with cwdaemon, I find that when a message is sent, the ptt turns on only
> for a brief instant and turns off again, even though the message is still
> being sent. If the ptt delay parameter is set to 50ms, then ptt will stay on
> for the first word of an Fn message (if it is at high speed). If I type in
> the keyer window, the ptt clicks on very briefly with each keypress, but does
> not stay on long enough to actually encompass a character such as 0.
>
> I tried using tlf, which allows the use of the ALT-P command to toggle the
> ptt. If I hit ALT-P during a message, the ptt stays on while the message is
> sent. Hitting ALT-P again turns it off.
>
> So this ptt behavior seems to be in cwdaemon, and it isn't useful as it
> stands.  Does anyone else see this? I am not sure what the intended behavior
> is.
>
> Al nh7o

Hoi Al,

sorry for the late reply.
It looks like PTT isn't working at all (* anyone on the list that can
confirm this? *). When I programmed it, I did not have a setup available
that uses PTT. With my kenwood TS-870S I don't need it.

I looks like I need to have another look at the PTT code. Currently I am
a little hooked up on other projects, so I can't make any short-term
promises, sorry.

Regards.
Joop PG4I