Re: [Xlog-discussion] Contest message forwarding

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Contest message forwarding
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 09:43:35 +0100

Op donderdag 25-12-2008 om 13:49 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Jon Kåre
Hellan:
> OK, I'm attaching the patch in its current form. Choosing the initial
> message is still on the todo list.

Thanks Jon,

I looked at the patch and would like to suggest an improvement. When
looking for the last exchange message your function depends on a space
in the exchange, e.g. "599 ABC". That's not how I save exchange messages
in the log, I would use "599ABC".

I think it is safer if we deal with both formats. We can look at the
mode used and depending on the report length (59 or 599) we know where
the exchange starts. Then we should remove any leading spaces.

Whatsay?

Joop, PG4I