[Xlog-discussion] Possible Bug and Feature Request

From: Ron Patterson
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Possible Bug and Feature Request
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 19:39:20 -0700

I am Ron W6FM and this is my first post to the group. I have been a linux user since 1996. I have had at least one server running ever since. I have played with the desktop from time to time but the some of the applications I needed were not there. A friend of mine has been trying to get me to install Ubuntu. I installed Hardy 8.04.2 and discovered xlog. This is one of the apps that I have been waiting for. I installed ver1.6 and configured it to use hamlib. Then I discovered that the current version was 2.02. I downloaded the source and it built just fine. Thanks Joop for your hard work. This is a very nice logger.

I am a VHF/UHF op and I have 10,000 qsos logged. I imported them from an ADIF file without any problems. I wanted to check my grid totals by band, so I went to Settings>Dialog and Windows>Scoring and checked the VHF/UHF bands and Show Grids boxes. Then I enabled the scoring window and clicked on the grid tab. The bands I selected were not there. I closed the scoring window and re-opened it with the same result. Only after I restarted the program did my selected bands appear in the grid tab. You might want to have a look at it.

My feature request involves the export feature. I wanted to print some qsl labels for cards I have recently received. They are spread throughout my log. Printing labels for every qso in a given range would be very wasteful. How would you feel about setting a flag on a given entry and then adding a export function based on that flag? You could even use the qsl sent field in the log. Say set it to R for printing requested and reset it to X after the printing is done? That way you would not have to add an extra field to the log.

Thanks again and 73,

Ron W6FM