Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog and PCLinuxOS

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] xlog and PCLinuxOS
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:06:39 +0100

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 22:16:49 -0500
Jan Ditzian <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have successfully run xlog under PCLinuxOS, using suggestions sent by
> Joop, to copy files from /usr/share/xlog to /usr/local/share/xlog.  Make
> a similar copy of /usr/share/pixmaps/xlog and /usr/share/doc/xlog by
> adding /share/ in the same place in the url.
>
> I then updated xlog by copying an adif of all the data in my Logger32
> database.  Everything that xlog can know appears to be there.
>
> Not only that, but, somehow, I also got hamlib running with my Ten-Tec
> Omni VI (351).  I see the frequency on the xlog display.  Is there a way
> to also make xlog use that frequency as an entry in the logbook?  As of
> now,  I still must enter it or select it from the menu in the frequency
> window.

Hi Jan,

On page 1 of the preferences dialog, select "Use Editbox" for both
bands and modes. A button will appear next to the band and mode
entries. When clicked, it will fill in band and mode retrieved by hamlib.

It is advisable to use polling in the hamlib preferences.

There is a quick button to fill in all values: ctrl+k.

> Jan, KX2A

Regards,
--
Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden>