[Xlog-discussion] Sweet-spot settings for CAT?

From: Peter N. Spotts
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Sweet-spot settings for CAT?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 17:33:52 -0500

Hi Folks,

I've gotten Xlog to play nicely with my FT-450AT. But it seems as though
there's a sweet-spot in settings. Regardless of baud rate, if I sample
at 201 milliseconds, all is well. If I try a faster polling rate, the
program virtually freezes up. I'm currently set at 38400 baud, and while
all is well at 201 milliseconds, anything faster locks up the program.
Is there an extra setting I'm missing? Or might this be on the hardware
side of the river?

I notice that while the polling rate is 200 ms in the configuration
dialog, the *.cfg file in a text editor shows 201.

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts -- W1PNS