[Xlog-discussion] Hiding-showing entries -- variation on the theme

From: Peter N. Spotts
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Hiding-showing entries -- variation on the theme
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:57:41 -0400

Hi folks,

Inspired by a previous thread, I'm trying to inject a bit of order into
my Xlog master log by breaking into smaller units, starting with the
year 2010. But I'm running into a problem.

I've exported my 2010 entries into an adif file, then set up a new log
with fields matching those of the log from which I exported the 2010
entries. So far, so good.

I put a dummy entry into the new 2010 log, save it, and flip back and
forth between master and new 2010 log to make sure I've got the fields I
want. Then I save the new 2010 log again.

I also call up the adif file in a text editor and compare fields in the
adif file with those of the new log I'm trying to establish. They match.

When I import the adif file into the new 2010 log and use the "existing
log" option, the import not only adds fields not in the master log from
which the entries were exported, it also erases data from the one
user-defined field I've set up to keep club-member numbers. That
user-defined field is in the master, in the adif file, and in the new
2010 log. And it's the same field -- first UNKNOWN -- in new and old
logs.

How can I retain the data in that user-defined field as I try to
establish the new log?

With best regards,

Pete

--