[Xlog-discussion] Version 2.0.6beta4 has been released

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: [Xlog-discussion] Version 2.0.6beta4 has been released
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:57:54 -0500

HI everybody,

I have just posted the tarball for xlog2.0.6beta4, which I hope will be the last beta for version 2.0.6. Unless there is a big problem, there won't be any more beta releases. Any remaining issues can wait until 2.0.7.

This release includes an enhancement, requested by a user.

1) Some DXCC entities have a "/" in their designation, such as "3D2/r". This is a distinctly different location from "3D2".

2) One usage model is to type the DXCC prefix into the callsign entry box, with the scoring window open, so one can determine a beam heading for one's directional antenna. This previously worked fine with DXCC designations that did not contain a "/" character, but did not work if the designation had a "/" character. Note that "3D2/r" by itself is *not* a valid callsign.

3) An internal data structure was explicitly omitting this type of information while reading the country data file cty.dat. I added this information. The root cause had nothing to do with the lack of capitalization of the characters in the callsign entry box, nor any stale country data.

4) One can type "3D2/R" to get the desired information. One cannot enter lower case characters in the callsign entry box. There is no ambiguity as there is no DXCC designation with, for example, "/r" and "/R".

5) Please note that this behavior is different from cqrlog, which does NOT work this way. (In my experiment, it didn't print the correct DXCC entry for 3D2/r(!)).

I understand that a couple of users have cosmetic issues with some words getting cut off on some windows, especially the scoring window. I have not been able to determine the cause since I have not been able to duplicate the problem. This issue may be addressed for version 2.0.7.

Please try it and let me know. Next weekend, I would really like to release version 2.0.6, so this week is when you need to send your feedback. Please also take a look at the new manual and offer some kind words to Chris for his efforts.

Thanks, and 73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)