Re: [Xlog-discussion] ttyUSB1

From: Andy Stewart
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] ttyUSB1
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:44:49 -0500

On 02/25/2014 07:44 PM, Hefferon, James S. wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get the Hamlib support to work but my radio usually comes up at
/dev/ttyUSB1 while the menu only offers me /dev/ttyUSB0.  Is the a way to add
it?

I have an Ubuntu machine and I'm using the vendor's repository (although I'd
have a whack at compiling if that is what I took).

Jim Hefferon KE1AZ

Hi Jim,

Try this:

a) select menu option /dev/ttyUSB0
b) once the menu has gone away, edit the entry to make it /dev/ttyUSB1

I guess that is to allow the user flexibility in specifying the option. Please try it and let us know if it worked for you.

73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)