Re: [Xlog-discussion] getting started in xlog

From: Art
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] getting started in xlog
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:19:32 -0500

On 1/15/19 1:58 PM, Ed wrote:
> On 1/15/19 12:27 PM, Art wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm trying to get started with xlog.
>>
>> I installed the program, configured the preferences and entered an
>> initial qso.
>>
>> However, when I click 'save', nothing happens. When I close the program,
>> there is only one file in the .xlog folder, which is a configuration file.
>>
>> There should be a log file somewhere in the folder, with a single
>> contact listed. However, there is nothing there except the configuration
>> file.
>>
>> How do I store and examine my log entries?
>>
>> I should note that I am not trying to log in realtime, I am trying to
>> enter data from my paper logs in order to get started with computerized
>> logging.
>>
>> The help file contains only a single page, which is the introduction. I
>> do not know how to find the help file and web searches only find other
>> programs named xlog, they're not related to amateur radio logging however.
>>
>> Help.
>>
>> TY
>>
>> Art
>>

> Ctrl+W writes the entry to the log. Save is used to save the log. Did
> you create the log ?
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,

The program creates a log by default, and says it is in the .xlog folder
in my home directory. However, there is nothing there, except the
configuration file.

Must I manually create an empty log myself, then write the contacts to it?

Are there docs for the program?? I've searched hard for it, but found
very little.

TY.

Art

PS:I am trying xlog based on a youtube video from a user that I know to
provide good recommendations. But, he is unreachable via email::>