xmakemol-discuss

Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Manual adjustment of bounding box

From: Matt Hodges
Subject: Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Manual adjustment of bounding box
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 22:08:16 +0100

 > > Yes, please send a patch for the documentation.

 > I'll do. Is it correct that I have to change xmakemol.tex only and
 > then xmakemol.{html,txt} are created by some script?

Actually, xmakemol.tex is obsolete, so I should remove it. The
documentation is in the CVS repository in the web/ directory --
obviously, the XmakemolDocumentation file. The markup
(emacs-wiki-mode) in this file is easy enough to follow, so you can
more-or-less treat it as plain text.

 > > I don't see why this should be necessary. That it is sounds like
 > > a bug.

 > Hm, I have a small file here where this behaviour is shown. I work
 > on a way how to reproduce this. I'll let you know what I found.

OK. I'll try and take a look.

 > > What happens if they do?

 > If they set "from file" they can change the bounding box. The
 > problem at the moment is, that if no bbox data is given in the
 > file, the bbox of the first frame is calculated automatically. In
 > the later frames this same bbox is used. If "automatic" is set, the
 > entries in the widgets have no effect at the moment. If you apply
 > the attached patch after applying the first one, data in the
 > widgets will influence the bbox on both, "from file" and
 > "automatic".

OK. I will apply both patches and commit them to CVS. We can refine
the behaviour from there, as we see best.

Thanks,

Matt