a2ps

a2ps and latex

From: Patrick Healy
Subject: a2ps and latex
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:40:17 +0100

Hello.

I wonder if somebody can help me with a problem I have with the '-A
fill' option of a2ps.

My situation is that I generate lecture slides in the form of a .ps file
from latex source (latex, dvips) for each lecture, which I can present
in class using ghostview.  At the end of the semester I a2ps up all of
the lecture slides, 4 to a page, for my students.  I would like there to
be no gaps in the conversion to 4-up and so I have been playing around
with the command-line option '-A fill', but it doesn't seem to work with
my .ps files.

Am I correct in thinking that there is something put at the end of the
.ps file by dvips that forces a 'flush physical page?'  Is there anyway
that a2ps can disable this, so that the first page of the next lecture
begins in the next quadrant of teh physical page?

Thanks for any help or suggestions,
Patrick Healy
--

Patrick Healy, Dept. of Computer Science and Information Systems
University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.

E-mail: address@hidden  Phone: +353-61-202727   (W)
Fax:    +353-61-202734                 +353-61-325697   (H)