ac-archive-maintainers

release cycle

From: Peter Simons
Subject: release cycle
Date: 30 Jan 2003 17:45:37 +0100

How do you guys feel about the following alternative to the currently
documented policy concerning releases:

 (1) We release whenever we want to; at no particular interval.

 (2) The archive will be called

         autoconf-archive-yyyy-mm-dd.tar.gz

     then. For a release made today, that would be:

         autoconf-archive-2003-01-30.tar.gz

 (3) The archive

         autoconf-archive-current.tar.gz

     will contain the most up-to-date snapshot of the web server,
     updated every time the archive changes.

Peter