ac-archive-maintainers

Re: AX_CHECK_GL && AX_CHECK_GLUT

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: Re: AX_CHECK_GL && AX_CHECK_GLUT
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:31:28 +0200

Braden McDaniel wrote:
On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 03:35, Guido Draheim wrote:

Braden McDaniel wrote:

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 00:15, Braden McDaniel wrote:

The recent activity here has inspired me to post the latest versions of
my OpenGL and GLUT macros. I've added support for Mac OS X and Windows
using Microsoft's cl.

Great! I'm updating them right away, atleast for the sf branch.

Thanks.

I haven't stressed the cl support in these macros much yet. Checks
appear to succeed, so it's probably okay. But problems with libtool
prevent me from actually building my project with cl via the autotools
build.

The Mac stuff hasn't been stressed too much either; but then, there's
not much to it. After thinking quite a bit about the problem, I came to
the conclusion that no test could tell me whether the macro should apply
Apple's -framework option. So there's a --with argument. I'm open to
suggestions for a better approach (though I'm skeptical there is one).

Well, that's the point of the ac-archive, to get comments from
somewhere else. Surely one could wait till a third person
compiles your own software project on darwin or msvc but it
is better to wait till some other project picks up your macro
and that other software might get built on darwin or msvc,
and you just pick up the bug reports ;-)=) no really, just
wait for the cries from the other side of the world, that's
pretty much okay with the ac-archive, we do not have a
stress test for macros like the core autoconf, ye know, and
no release personal with a dozen platforms either to check
things on... ;)

Hopefully the new activity gets us started with a model where
to place new macros in the gnu branch, and how to get the site
being rebuild.

Indeed.

have fun,
-- guido                                  http://google.de/search?q=guidod