ac-archive-maintainers

Autoconf and Automake macros.

From: Tom Howard
Subject: Autoconf and Automake macros.
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:01:32 +1000

Hi,

I'm a lazy person, but probably not it the way you would think.  I hate having
to do the same tasks over and over again, so I have a habit of automating
tasks with helpful scripts.  When it comes to development, this usually means
adding custom targets to my Makefile.am files.

Well I've finally gotten around to cleaning them up a bit so they can easily
be used with other projects, so then are now looking for a friendly (or
fiendly) home.  They consit of a m4 component and a am component (I know, not
what you usually see on ac-archives, but what the hell, someone has to start
the ball rolling).  The m4 component is used as normal and the am component
goes into a file called aminclude.am (I know, I like the name too) and
'include aminclude.am' is added to the toplevel Makefile.am.  Not too
complicated I hope (otherwise I'm really in the wrong place).

Please find attached the following files:

ax_extra_dist.tgz - Adds support for custom dist targets, which can be built
by running `make dist-src`, `make dist-bin` or `make all-dist`.

ax_upload.tgz - Adds support for uploading dist targets by running `make
upload-gzip`, `make upload-src`, `make upload-bin` or `make upload-all`

ax_cvs.tgz - Adds cvs integration to you Makefile.  Stuff like branching
(creates the branch, updates the version and checks out the branch to a new
directory), releasing, updating, committing (creates a ChangeLog template for
you and then uses the edited version for the commit log and prepends it to
your ChangeLog; I never did lick having to write it once for the ChangeLog
and once for the commit log) and adding and removing files.

ax_dist_rpm.tgz - Adds rpm and srpm building support you and flags them for
uploading if your using ax_upload.am

ax_dist_msi.tgz - Adds msi support in that your specify where the file will
created and it will be renamed correctly and uploaded along with any other
bin files.

This is the first time I'm contributing here, so I won't be surprised if you
come back with a whole heap of corrections (especially because of the
whole .am thing).

Hope you find them useful enough to add to the archive.

Cheers,

--
Tom Howard
Yahoo: bjandtomau