accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Can you help write a free version of HTK?

From: Jeremy Whiting
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Can you help write a free version of HTK?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:11:52 -0600

Bill, Eric,

Not sure how viable it is, but at Akademy I spoke with Peter Grasch (Simon developer) and he thinks it wouldn't be too hard to switch simon to use sphinx 4 instead of htk and julius.  I'm not sure how sphinx 4 is licensed, but I believe it's open source.  I agree with Eric however that if something works it's good enough, whether it's free as in freedom or not.  Anyway, just wanted to add that to the discussion I guess.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Whiting