accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] keyboards

From: Eric S. Johansson
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] keyboards
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:08:25 -0400

 On 7/18/2010 7:59 AM, Christian Hofstader wrote:
An Apple  keyboard on my Acer laptop whose keys are falling off feels a lot
like putting a Ferrari steering wheel on a used Pinto. A $300 laptop is a nice
price but a crumbling keyboard is pretty annoying. but the laptop runs
GNU/Linux distros really well. Windows is an absolute dog on this thing and it
is the OS that comes with the system by default.

on my acer, I have a dead - key. I'm now using a ms mobile 6000 bluetooth keyboard as a replacement. I consider it a significantly better keyboard than anything on the market because it's flat, keystrokes are light, and small enough to fit in a laptop case. All that for something like $80. I have been looking for years to find good quality keyboards and this one is light years ahead of the competition.

And in case you're worried, despite the Microsoft parentage, it works well with Linux. In fact, the whole installation process was so unlike Microsoft that I had to check twice it came from the same company.