accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Updating the accessibility statement

From: Michael P. Gorse
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Updating the accessibility statement
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:11:58 +0000

Oh, I also forgot that I was subscribed to this list, and that it existed.

Wrt gtk developers, some of what you're referring to is discussed here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1739

I wouldn't read them as being hostile to accessibility inclusion so much
as disliking things that they see as hacks/work-arounds/things not done
"the right way" as they see it, and they see the accessibility stack as
falling into that category. (I'm basing part of that on past conversations
that I've had with one of the people in the above thread.) I also think
that some of them may have ideas that aren't workable and that they may
not be aware of all of the implications. There is a gtk hackfest the week
after next where accessibility will be discussed. I will be there for part
of it, as will several people from Hypra, so I hope that we'll be able to
come to an agreement as to how to move forward.