adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Grass texture v.0.1

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Grass texture v.0.1
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:03:49 +0200

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  As I mentioned before I'm working on a grass texture.
>
>  What I have so far is 8 rows of blades of grass which are intended to be
> used as vertical layers

That's an idea that didn't really occur to me before. I had imagined
to have a second (non-solid) horizontal layer above the ground layer.
Will be interesting to see how the engine will handle that. I could
imagine that the overall result might be better than what I had in
mind, though.

>  I put together a quick fakeshot to see how it looks when it is tiled:

Not too bad :-). I think with a ground layer that will work on its own
and a little bit of variation it will look truly great!

>  As always, feedback and ideas are most welcome!

Once you have something you're satisfied with, I'd like to try it out
(and make the necessary adjustments to the engine). That will also
give us an idea how well it actually works out.

Kai