adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Graphic sizes and proportions

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Graphic sizes and proportions
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:57:52 +0100

On 28 February 2010 14:34, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:
> For v0.3, our base tile size had been 20x20 (for a resolution of
> 320x240), respectively 40x40 (scaled to 640x480). Now, the same 40x40
> tile in v0.4 uses 64x96. Why is it streched on the y axis that way?
> Did I scale it wrong?

The base tile size is 64x48, not 40x40. This one done to have tiles
fit the viewing angle (64x64 is foreshortened by 0.75 in y-axis thus
64x48). Not sure where the 64x96 comes from, but that are likely just
two tiles together in a single image.

http://adonthell.berlios.de/doc/index.php/Graphics:Angle

    * A real world 1x1 meter square that is lying flat on the ground
would result in a 64x48 pixel in-game tile.
    * A 2 meter high wall, would result in a 96 pixel high sprite.
    * While the game does not enforce a tile structure in the maps,
keeping images as multiple of 64x48 makes it easier to combine them
without gaps.
    * Characters are drawn in a mild deformed style, with the body
having a total height of four heads, similar to some toys such as
Playmobil.

Blog:     http://grumbel.blogspot.com/
JabberID: xmpp:address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927