ampu-dev

Re: [Ampu-dev] Initial library API proposal now online

From: alfred . differ
Subject: Re: [Ampu-dev] Initial library API proposal now online
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:52:58 -0500

Hello,

Seeing the static structure begin to form does help somewhat.
I can begin to see what you meant about the organization hierarchy

I would like to offer an organization comment and an offer to work on
something.
It may sound too corporate, so if it isn't in the style of this group, just
say so and I won't mention it again.  8)

The project overview page looks to me to be a mix of 'system context' and
partial 'use cases.'
Is there any desire to put these two types of documents into a more formal
state?
Use cases help me a lot when figuring out a static structure.  They help me
out even more in interpreting how the dynamic structure should work.  I
know these types of requirements documents aren't all that glamorous to
write because I don't see many people write them for free and/or open
projects, but I would be willing to help make that happen if there is a
chance they would get used and be useful to other developers here.

I write these things on my own projects because I think it helps developers
work together better.  Whether it does or not remains to be seen, though.
If there is any interest, I can draft up a couple and show people before
working them through to a more polished state.

-al

Alfred Differ
Interworld Transport