ampu-dev

[Ampu-dev] Licensing

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: [Ampu-dev] Licensing
Date: 22 Feb 2002 14:39:57 +0000

Hey guys,

Al.. I noticed in your UML docs, you put in comments about licensing,
but left them as TBA.  I was mostly decided on this from the beginning,
but I guess I never made it clear, except for mentioning open source at
one stage, and, well.. hosting on Savannah =)

I intend the whole project to use GNU licensing... ie, GPL/LGPL/GFDL as
appropriate.  Those licenses are well known, accepted, defined, and,
perhaps most importantly -- are well defended.  In short, I see no
reason to pick anything else.  If there are good reasons for picking
something else, I'll listen, of course, but make a good case ;)

I expect you guys are fairly flexible, since you haven't mentioned
anything so far, but if there *are* any objections, we'd better clear
them up quickly, so we all know where our work is going.

--
Lee Braiden,

Lead Developer,
A More Perfect Union.