ampu-dev

[Ampu-dev] Already done, sort of

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: [Ampu-dev] Already done, sort of
Date: 27 Feb 2002 13:51:02 +0000

Hmm.. I just found a site, which is almost exactly what AMPU wants to
be.  It has discussions, votes, and petitions.

The site is a little cluttered and hard to navigate, but it all seems to
be there.  There is even a facility to pay your traffic tickets online.
Which is food for thought =)

The technology developers, "The Democracy Project" (aka quorum.org),
appear to be non-profit, but they currently only allow sites to use the
technology via a custom development process.  I've just emailed the
project's president to clarify this -- it seems a little fishy to me.
They certainly seem to be aware of Open Source, given their mention of
jabber, but no other IM systems.  However, they don't seem to use it.

I gather, though, that the system integrates subsites' forums into their
own super-forum.  I'd suggested similar, but not via multiple subsites.
Their subsite system has pros and cons, but I think it's a good feature,
overall.

http://www.quorum.org/

A step-by-step screenshot page is here:

http://www.quorum.org/about/fullstory/how

Regardless, it's great to see that it's actually up and running.  Lots
to examine and learn from here, I think.  I'll be researching thoroughly
later on.  I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of it.

--
Lee Braiden,
Artelos.com

mailto: address@hidden