ampu-dev

Re: [Ampu-dev] Work in Progress

From: alfred . differ
Subject: Re: [Ampu-dev] Work in Progress
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:57:43 -0500

Sounding good.

One trick I learned is to wait on drawing the diagrams for a couple steps.
I always got tempted to make informal flow charts.  For use cases, that is
overkill.  Besides, things stay fluid all the way until near the end of the
focused state, so the diagrams flex a lot.  When the list of use cases gets
trimmed again, you won't even need the related diagrams, so that work will
be for naught.

Most books I've seen tend to focus too much on the use case diagram.  The
real value to the design team and developers is in the words, though.

On a different note, I won't be able to make the next two IRC sessions.  I
am joining a bunch of friends and helping the State of Oklahoma open their
space port.  My friends are getting paid to fly something that day.  Most
of them get to fly on airplanes to Oklahoma City, but someone has to drive
the equipment half way across the USA.  I got picked along with two others.
8/
The rocket/balloon stuff is fun, though, and should make up for the long
drive there and back.

Have fun without me for a couple weeks.

-al