aramorph-users

[Aramorph-users] A contribution for AraMorph

From: Ahmed El-dawy
Subject: [Aramorph-users] A contribution for AraMorph
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 18:10:56 +0300

Hello all,
  This is a piece of work I have made in the AraMorph project.
This will speed up the start up of the system. On my machine the speed
up is over 300%. Typically it was starting in 14.281 seconds. After my
enhancement it is starting in 4.670 seconds!!
My work is as follows
InMemoryDictionaryHandler.java
1- Move the Pattern p declaration to the class level. This makes it
created once.
2- Change the translation of the gloss so that it is made in one pass
using a HashMap.
3- Used log4j package for outputting messages instead of System.out
AraMorph.java
4- Just added a line for initializing the log4j.

I've attached the files I have changed and the log4j library for convenience.
Please tell me whether you are adding this work to the project or not.
More contributions are coming in the horizon.
--
Regards,
Ahmed Saad