[aspell-devel] greek aspell released (?)

From: Evripidis Papakostas
Subject: [aspell-devel] greek aspell released (?)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:33:05 +0200

hi,
i downloaded the aspell .33.7 alpha from suse.
also got aspell-en, aspell-fo etc src.rpm and looked them in order to understand how i could build aspell-greek, did some reading in the manuals and looked the phonet files found in the packages.

i think i got it.
i produced an aspell-greek.src.rpm package.

i also did some work with our phonetic ruleset.
greek is completeley phonetic, so there is a strong chance that when a greek user writes something, he/she means it should sound like it, but probably he/she does not now how to spell it.
so, i created to phonetic rulesets.
one strict, where vowels exists and all their soundlike equivs
oi --> i
ei --> i
i  --> i
etc

and one like the english one where all vowels become _

the second ruleset brings (too) more options, so i'll go with ruleset 1# as the default.

if the aspell writter has a little bit of time, he could check if everything is ok (especially in the phonet session), if it needs some modifications etc, and he could inform me to make any changes or to include the src.rpm in the aspell page. it would help me a lot in following steps ...

download:
http://ispell.source.gr/download/aspell/aspell-greek-0.003.src.rpm

homepage url:
http://ispell.source.gr/index_aspell.html