Re: [aspell-devel] old pspell libtool dependency

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] old pspell libtool dependency
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:55:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Melvin Hadasht wrote:

> [Sorry for not using cvs libtool for new aspell. I should have taken into
> account the README. That means, that new aspell cannot be used for production
> environments as pspell. I really hope it will change, soon. Thanks for your
> work]

There is little chance of that since eventually the cvs version will
become a released version.  Also the old Pspell also uses the cvs version
of libtool.  Something compiled with the CVS version of libtool should
work just fine with the released version of libtool the only problem may
be with the libltdl, however if libltdl is installed libtool will use the
installed version instead of the one in the distribution.

> I hope the new aspell will mature to an official release, and not only a cvs
> version.

I am not sure when that will happen because as I made abundantly clear on
http://aspell.net I am no longer actively developing Aspell.  I am am
hoping someone else will pick up where I left off.

I will look into your problem latter if I have the time.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org