[aspell-devel] Bug found: Unhandled Error...

From: Melvin Hadasht
Subject: [aspell-devel] Bug found: Unhandled Error...
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:25:03 +0200

Hi,

on Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:37:57 +0200
Melvin Hadasht <address@hidden> wrote:

 > on Mon, 20 May 2002 13:29:07 +0200
 > Melvin Hadasht <address@hidden> wrote:
 >
 >  > Unhandled Error: The value "0.50" is not a number between 0 and 1 and is
thus
 >  > invalid for the key "order-num".

In fact, the problem is locale dependent. I was running the code with
LC_ALL=fr_FR, the code sets the locales when starting. So strtod("0.5") is
recognised as 0 because the '.' is not the decimal separator in French (it is
the comma ','). If I run the code with LC_ALL=en_GB or equivalent, I do not have
the error. So I think we can call it a bug?

My first explanation concerning the semi-colon after 0.5 and the test of the
tailprt != '\0' is false:

 >      "order-num 0.50;"
[...]
 >      if (*tailptr != '\0' ||
[...]
 > note the if (*tailptr != '\0' || ... which is obviously true because of the
 > semi-colon, hence the error. I don't understand why aspell0 does not issue
the
 > error, and why my code does.

this explanation is not relevant. I must have missed something in the
getdata_pair code.

Kevin, did anyone volunteer to continue your work? The new spell is a good piece
of code, it must continue. Thanks for your work.

Cheers

--
Melvin Hadasht