Re: [aspell-devel] Mis-spellings database?

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Mis-spellings database?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:41:33 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone knows of a decent mis-spellings database
> anywhere?  That is, a mapping from mis-spelling to correct spelling (or
> vice-versa)?  I'm currently using a 550-item set adapted from:
>     http://www.actwin.com/rwmack/spelling.htm
> and it's fine for testing, but I'm looking for something that might have
> a few tens of thousands of entries.  Basically, I want to build a
> "common error tracking" system into my spell-checker, and would like a
> corpus of (real-world (English)) data so that I can judge the
> effectiveness of the new feature when built.

The best I can offer you is a small set I used for testing Aspell.  It
contains a lot of my own misspellings plus a few others from other sources.
It has a lot of the more difficult misspellings that many spell checkers
are unable to get.  You can find it at http://aspell.net/test/.

If you do find such a list I will certainly be interested in it also.

---
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org