[aspell-devel] pipe mode with accented characters

From: David Garrard
Subject: [aspell-devel] pipe mode with accented characters
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:49:25 -0400

I am using Aspell 0.50.3 on Windows using the pipe mode on Win NT 4.0 with
regional settings English (United States):

aspell --lang=sv -a

If I install the Swedish language dictionary, all is well, but I don't know
if I have to pre-condition the words I wish to test:

mjölk

which on my english keyboard is mj alt-0246 lk, returns the following
result:

@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.3)
& mj 21 0: Maj, maj, mm, aj, ej, mg, ml, mo, mÂ, mˆ, oj, SJ, hm, km, Maja,
Majs, majs, meja, MHz, nej, nˆj
& lk 13 3: kl, lek, lik, lok, lˆk, ek, la, le, lo, l‰, ok, sk, Âk

yet if I test for the word 'mjolk' without accent, the result returned is:

@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 (but really Aspell 0.50.3)
& mjolk 9 0: mjˆlk, mjˆlka, mjˆlke, mjˆlks, mjˆl, mjˆls, moll, holk, mol

where the first returned word 'mjˆlk' is in fact mjölk so obviously mjölk is
in the dictionary.

What do I need to do to not think ö is a word delimiter as it is splitting
it into mj and lk instead of handling it as a single word.