[aspell-devel] "-Wl,-mimpure-text" on Solaris

From: murray nothing
Subject: [aspell-devel] "-Wl,-mimpure-text" on Solaris
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 05:17:23 -0800 (PST)

re: ld: unrecognised emulation mode: impure-text

ref:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-devel/2002-01/msg00002.html
and:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-devel/2003-08/msg00007.html

I downloaded aspell-0.50.4.1 and it failed to link,
with the error(s) mentioned above.

$ uname -a
SunOS xxx 5.6 Generic_105181-19 sun4u sparc
SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi-cEngine

fwiw, I fixed it by editting lib/Makefile

118,118
< extra_ldflags = -Wl,-mimpure-text
> extra_ldflags = -Wl

this then completed make, make check passed and make
install completed without errors.

I don't know what I might have screwed up by removing
impure-text but it is working better than it was
before.

thanks :)