Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell 0.60 fails to read aspell5 and aspell5 diction

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell 0.60 fails to read aspell5 and aspell5 dictionaries
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:51:20 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Gary Setter wrote:
>
> > Thanks. How does someone compile the dictionary? I looked tjrough
> > the aspell.net web page and the manual for aspell-dev. I didn't
> > find a procedure for compiling a dictionary. Can you get me the
> > procedure please?
>
> Install Cygwin or MSYS and do a ./configure and make.
Please ignore the "If you.." part.
> This will show you the commands needed.  Or examine Makefile.pre and try
> to figure it out.

I should add that you will have a lot easier time getting things working
if you first start off with the Cygwin or MSYS build to see how things are
done and then work on porting it to VC.

The current binary has some problems.  But I hope to upload a new snapshot
which should compile OK by the end of the day.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org