[aspell-devel] Building apspell on Cygwin

From: Shraga Bor-Sood
Subject: [aspell-devel] Building apspell on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:20:48 +0200

Dear aspell developers,

I would like to submit a report on building aspell under cygwin.  I was
not able to compile aspell-0.60.5 at all it failed building the shared
libraries. However, I was able to successfully compile
aspell-0.61-20071105 with the following two modifications:
1. In the Makefile added  -no-undefined to
 email_filter_la_LDFLAGS
 tex_filter_la_LDFLAGS
 sgml_filter_la_LDFLAGS
 context_filter_la_LDFLAGS
 nroff_filter_la_LDFLAGS
 texinfo_filter_la_LDFLAGS

I'm not sure that all of them are mandatory, but I had problems
identifying the lib causing failure.

2. I had to rebuild for the "dos" path
c:\DOCUME~1\borsood\MYDOCU~1\... as even configure failed running on
when building directory had spaces within its path.

I apologise for not providing more detailed report. I might produce
something better when there is more time and I'll be a bit more familiar
with cygwin.

Thank you all for developing aspell