Re: [aspell-devel] Question on aspell-is

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Question on aspell-is
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 10:29:49 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Mikel L. Forcada Zubizarreta wrote:

Also, I think it could be used as a basis to build a morphological
dictionary for our free Apertium machine translation platform. I tried
to inspect the package myself and I found that most of the information
is inside a .cwl (compressed word list) file. After uncompressing it
with preunzip, I get a word list, such as the one expand would generate.
Is there an affix file available for Icelandic?

No,

Preunzip does not expand affix compression.

Relevant information on the language is kept in the file "is.dat". If there was a file with affix information it would be mentioned in "is.dat", and called "is_affix.dat".