Re: [aspell-devel] ASPELL_CONF isn't honored by the 'aspell_provider_lis

From: 宋文武
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] ASPELL_CONF isn't honored by the 'aspell_provider_list_dicts' function of enchant
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2016 16:16:37 +0800

Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I fail to see how this is an issue with Aspell.  It looks like more of
> an issue with enchant.  Is there something Aspell can be doing
> differently?

IIUC, the AspellConfig returned by 'new_aspell_config' doesn't
call `config->read_in_settings()', so ASPELL_CONF is not honored.
(add the call to it will break some asserts, is it designed to be so?)
And there is no C API to read the settings.  I think the question is
which should configure the dict locations, aspell library or enchant?

If aspell, then maybe add 'new_aspell_config_with_settings' is a quick
way.  But a single variable like ASPELL_CONF is not good as addable
variable ASPELL_DICT_DIRS (like PATH), which user can set it at multiple
places, eg: system-level (/etc/profile) and user-level (~/.profile).

If enchant, I don't know.. so CC to the abiword-dev.