aspell-dict-maintainers

A question on word-list syntax.

From: Ethan Bradford
Subject: A question on word-list syntax.
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:48:05 -0800

I see that duplicate entries in the word list are merged, and it appears that all their flags are merged.  How does this impact prefix/suffix combinations?  Do they combine as if I made one entry in the first place?

For example, if I have prefix class A with values {a}, prefix class B with values {b}, suffix class X with {x}, and suffix class Y with {y}, and my word list has
  foo/AX
  foo/BY
does that mean that in addition to the obviously intended strings (afoox, afoo, foox, bfooy, bfoo, fooy), I also get cross combinations (afooy and bfoox)?

If so, this is an important limitation for Arabic that I may have trouble getting around.

-- Ethan