[AUCTeX-devel] font-latex changes

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] font-latex changes
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:35:22 +0200

font-latex now refers to faces directly and not via variables with the
same name normally resolving to those face names.  In addition the
faces defined by font-latex don't have such variables anymore.

A consequence of this change is that you cannot remap faces anymore
with a statement like `(setq font-latex-foo-face 'font-lock-bar-face)'.
IIUC remapping the font-lock faces won't have an effect either.

The advantage of the change is that standard faces, like `bold' or
`italic', which do not have an associated variable, will work in the
user-definable keyword classes.

If this gives anybody a headache, please speak up.

Oh, and I hope I won't hear too loud an outcry from XEmacs users due
to swapping `font-lock-reference-face' for `font-lock-constant-face'.
It was necessary because the former is deprecated in Emacs and is not
defined with defface anymore.  In XEmacs references will now look
turquoise instead of red, just like in Emacs.