[AUCTeX-devel] Syntax detection problem

From: Ian Underwood
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Syntax detection problem
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:53:46 +0100

Dear developers

I've noticed a possible problem with the way that AUCTeX's syntax detection/highlighting works on a LaTeX document. Take the following snippet of code:

\verb=C:\=

by which, of course, I intend to insert 'C:\' into a document. AUCTeX/Emacs fails to recognize the end of the \verb environment, so the rest of the document gets flooded with brown text. This only happens when final character is a backslash, so it seems that the identification of a command (\=) is somehow interfering with detection of the end of the \verb environment.

best regards,
--
Ian Underwood
 address@hidden