[AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:31:25 +0200

Jan-Åke Larsson <address@hidden> writes:

> This does not solve the problem with different prefixes for emacs
> and the texmf tree, unless we keep setting and resetting $prefix,
> which I think is not desirable.

I'll try coding what I have been talking about, so it might be wise to
take a break in order to avoid duplicate work.

Please don't be annoyed that I did not do so in the first place: it is
not because I enjoy bossing people around, but because I have sort of
a permanent writers' block: it is much easier for me to correct people
rather than do stuff on my own for which I am then solely responsible.
So if you want me to do something right, it might help by throwing
together (or suggesting) a first version, however awful, and then let
me clean after it.  In this case, the discussion has become awkward
enough that I think I might manage to implement my proposal before the
steam rolls out.

Thanks for kicking me,
David