[AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:00:40 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Well, at least we have found that the Emacs-version specific site-lisp directory typically appears before the Emacs-version neutral site-lisp directory (which makes sense).

Very good.

Not necessarily. We want to be in the Emacs-version neutral site-lisp directory ("version" meaning something like 21.3, not "flavor" which would be emacs/xemacs).

I meant to write "Very good, we'll need to fix this. Straight away."

auto.el? ..reading... And lisppackagelispdir is nowhere to be found
in either configure.in nor aclocal.m4...reading... Oh, AC_LISPIFY_DIR (shudder) are you really serious on using this? It must be a nightmare to debug.

Uh, we _were_ already releasing 0.9 with it. Ok, "we" might be an exaggeration, but we did not really get any complaint about that particular thing, did we?

No, it does work if that is what you mean. Users won't complain.
Developers might.

I've just started wondering if not the "getenv" elisp function would be
usable to transfer information from our configure script to the emacs macro?
/JÅ