Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-latex 0.9.1 and AUCTeX 11.whatever
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:23:46 +0200

Jan-Åke Larsson <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>
>>  Apropos: the RELEASE from preview-latex points to the dvipng
>>  development site on www.nongnu.org. That development site mentions
>>  a non-existent home page, a non-active mailing list and IIRC a
>>  non-existent download area,

Sorry, an empty download area.

>>  while presumably presenting the current CVS. I don't want to
>>  mislead people into anything wrong. Jan-Åke, any suggestions about
>>  what we should put into RELEASE in the hope of not confusing too
>>  many people? I have not checked what we say about dvipng in the
>>  rest of the docs, either.
>
> I havent got time for everything you know. The mailing list has just
> been created, the home page has not been uploaded yet, and I *did*
> upload files to the download area. Lots of them. What the "%#%!#¤?

Probably your signatures were not recognized or complete or whatever.

> It is supposed to be there. <sigh> Refer to the savannah site, I'll
> do what I can.

Don't panic.  That's what we currently do in RELEASE.  I just wanted
to make sure that we were not announcing anything contrary to your
plans, and maybe you had second thoughts about something (or first
thoughts) that should get reflected in our documentation.  If you say
that the Savannah page is intended to be a correct information point
in due time, referring to it is fine.

> Oh, the preview-latex link should point to
> http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/ I guess. I'll fix that too.

Well, probably http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/#preview-latex, even
though the anchor is missing at the current point of time...