[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:11:18 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-04-04) writes:

[Fontifying of sections]

>> It is also _mentioned_ as a prominent feature not unfrequently.
>
> Yes, and I consider it a strong selling point for AUCTeX.  It makes it
> so much easier to grasp the structure of the document and to avoid
> scrolling past sections.

ACK.

>> What can be done to make this more visually appealing?  The main
>> problem is the \section{} around it in different size.
>
> I consider this a feature.  I am not really interested in the section
> macro, I am interested in its argument.  The sectioning level is
> indictated by the size of the font used.

ACK.

>> Some improvements may be to lower the baseline somewhat to make it
>> appear more like an inset

I'm a bit curious how this would look...

But I think the fontifying of sub- and superscripts in math mode is
something that one can argue over much more, as it destroys the
aligning of columns with a fixed-width font. Compared to that, the
fontifying of sections is uncritical, IMHO. The size of the curly
braces around the section titles is the only small beauty flaw (IMHO).
--
Christian Schlauer