Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Fontifying of titles...
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:36:42 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-04-05) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The braces have the same font and font size as their content.  It
>>> would not make sense to lower only the content.
>>
>> Wouldn't it make more sense if the braces did not share the size of
>> the content?
>
> Certainly.  But then (with the current implementation) we would lose
> the ability to fontify two or more subsequent arguments.
> I explained it yesterday or the day before I think.

In a different context, though.  I did not make the connection.

> font-latex is only able to distinguish between three parts of a
> LaTeX macro, the macro name, a block of optional arguments and a
> block of mandatory arguments.

> Each part is determined by one match and will get a different face.
> If there is more than one mandatory argument, the match will span
> all arguments:
>
> \fooo[bar]{baz}{bla}

IIRC, you had a change proposal in your explanation.  If this stands
any chance of being implemented in a reasonable time frame, it would
probably impact the results of the survey.  So if you are leaning
towards the idea of working on this in the next months/versions, we
should probably shift the poll to some later time, when we are more or
less sure that the default behavior can't be improved further.