Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Mailing lists...

From: David Kastrup
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:59:27 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 25 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 25 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>>> * Reiner Steib (2005-03-24) writes:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Hm, Emacs has gmane.emacs.cvs for commit notifications (emacs-commit
>>> mailing list) and gmane.emacs.diffs for commits with diffs
>>> (emacs-diffs mailing list).  This doesn't seem to be handled uniformly
>>> across the lists on Gmane.  Personally I like your proposal better.
>>
>> I guess my proposal was based on gmane.emacs.gnus.{commits,cvs}.
>
> I.e. we would have:
> auctex-commit gmane.emacs.auctex.commits AUCTeX CVS commit notifications
> auctex-diffs  gmane.emacs.auctex.cvs     AUCTeX CVS commit messages with diffs
>
>> Fine with me.
>
> Reading your proposal more carefully, I found that I would like
> gea.cvs *without* patches and the other group with patches:
> ".diffs" seems to be more clear than ".commits".  WDYT?
>
> auctex-commit gmane.emacs.auctex.cvs     AUCTeX CVS commit notifications
> auctex-diffs  gmane.emacs.auctex.diffs   AUCTeX CVS commit messages with diffs

This is the way it is done with Emacs.  Since Emacs is also on
Savannah and thus the respective mails carry identical content (I
don't know about Gnus), it would make sense to also choose the same
categories.  And when in doubt, we should keep closer to Emacs than
Gnus as our primary association.

So while I don't feel strongly about this, I think that the Emacs
scheme is slightly nicer.