Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/tex-buf.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/tex-buf.el
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:11:57 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-04-22) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> +    (setq comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output t)
>
> Uh, Ralf?  This means that if TeX is caught in an infinite loop,

That can happen?  Oops.

> you
> can't just do cursor-up to stop the scrolling and see what is
> happening.
>
> I'd rather that we find out why the current output does not move
> point even when point is at the bottom of the buffer.  Or is it?

Is that how it is supposed to work?  That means, it should scroll only
if point is at the bottom of the buffer?  Well that was working before
the change already, I think.  At least the output buffer scrolled when
you typed `C-c C-l'.

The intention for setting `comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output' in
interactive mode was to let the user see the prompt in case an error
happens without explicitely having to type `C-c C-l'.  Taking the
problem with infinite loops into account this probably should be done
in a sentinel.  If that's possible; I haven't looked into that.