Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/preview/aclocal.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/preview/aclocal.m4
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:37:40 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-04-27) writes:
>
>> Thanks.  I guess I'll have to go through the Makefile next, and then
>> try to get things consistent again.
>
> Currently executing make results in
>
> In toplevel form:
> tex.el:38:1:Error: Wrong type argument: listp, 65
>
> In toplevel form:
> tex-buf.el:32:1:Error: Wrong type argument: listp, 65
>
> etc. etc.
>
> I suspect it is because @lispautodir@ can still be found in
> tex-site.el.  I don't know why it is not substituted; heck, I
> couldn't even figure out how the other placeholders like
> @lisppackagedatadir@ are substituted.

Hey, I have not yet started actually running anything.  I am still
going through with a comb transferring code from preview-latex's
installation procedures upwards, and some stuff does apply
straightforwardly, and some not really well.  It'll probably be some
hours before I actually dare trying to install again.  And I still
don't have a clue how to create a tarball sensibly.  Maybe tell
preview-latex to create its own tarball first, then list the files in
them and add them to the file list of AUCTeX itself.  That might work.
There is so much strange cruft around that it will be a wonder if
everything starts working at some time.  Not to mention that I did
some heavy reorganization what macros are defined where and how.  If I
am lucky, one will be able to remove AUCTeX with (unload-feature
'tex-site).  It is a bit of a pity that we will have both texsite.el
as well as auctex.el.  The first one does all the work and is also
there for compatibility and consequently is sitting right in lispdir,
the second one is the stuff for automatic startup.  So we spread our
loadable Lisp alone over three directories (and the style directories
are elsewhere, and the auto style stuff still elsewhere).